Sub Deegan caps a thrilling fightback by Agnes

Crown's Joel Rollinson and Full Measure's Jordan Cattle
Crown's Joel Rollinson and Full Measure's Jordan Cattle

Burton Agnes hit three goals in the last 30 minutes to come back from 3-1 down and beat Stirling Wanderers in the Premier Division

Jake Day’s stunning volley from a poor defensive clearance put Stirling ahead inside the first five minutes but Craig Webb’s low left-footed shot following a long ball from Jules Morris made it 1-1.

Crown FC v Full Measure FC

Crown FC v Full Measure FC

Stirling attacked in waves with men pouring forward, and they went into half-time 3-1 ahead after two close-range finishes.

Webb started the comeback by jinking through the defence to score and Alex Staveley made an immediate impact from the bench when he was brought down in the box for Danny Robson to bring the game level from the penalty spot.

Agnes went in search of the winner and it came in injury time, as Sam Gray’s low, drilled cross found sub Graham Deegan who netted to grab all three points.

Bridlington Rovers’ second visit to Flamborough this season saw them looking for three points after successive defeats in the league, but they were pinned back by a last-minute penalty.

Foresters Athletic 1sts v Foresters Athletic 2nds

Foresters Athletic 1sts v Foresters Athletic 2nds

Rovers snatched the lead when Trev Tindall picked up the ball on the left, dropped his shoulder and curled a sweet shot in to the net over the helpless keeper.

Flamborough responded well, creating two good chances, but were unable to convert them, and then Rovers were awarded a spot-kick after Mark Clifton was felled in the box but Josh Pilmoor failed to beat Craig Pickering in the home goal, the keeper diving to his right to push the ball past the post.

Rovers looked like they were going to see out the game after the break when their former player Aiden Jones missed his header when unmarked and the goal gaping.

But Nathan Bristow was brought down in the 90th minute and got up to earn Flamborough a share of the points from the spot.

Foresters Athletic 1sts v Foresters Athletic 2nds

Foresters Athletic 1sts v Foresters Athletic 2nds

Rovers boss Lee Thomson said: “We have some work to do if we are to hold on to the title. It’s anyone’s at the minute, which can only be good for the league.”

The two Forester Athletic sides went head-to-head, with the first team coming out on top 4-0, thanks to a double by Ryan Stockdale and goals from Bradley Briggs and Luke Stockdale.

Coachman will take on Full Measure in the final of the Bryan Pannhausen Trophy as both sides came through their semi-finals comfortably.

Full Measure beat Crown 3-0 at Burton Agnes.

Crown FC v Full Measure FC

Crown FC v Full Measure FC

After a goalless first half, Richard Hill netted his 16th goal of the season to break the deadlock.

With 15 minutes to go, Richard Addinall made it 2-0 and Alex Carter wrapped up the game five minutes later.

Coachman’s debut season will feature a cup final after they beat Division One leaders Driffield Star 5-2.

Star keeper Mikey Curtis frustrated Coachman for the first half-an-hour but eventually Kane Robinson’s shot was adjudged to have crossed the line before it was hacked away.

Three minutes later Billy Simpson found space in the box and rather than shoot, he selflessly squared the ball to Alex Cobden who fired home from 10 yards out.

After more fine saves by Curtis either side of the break, Simpson and Robinson combined for Coachman’s third goal. Simpson’s ball was met by Robinson, whose shot took a slight deflection before finding the back of the net.

Foresters Athletic 1sts v Foresters Athletic 2nds

Foresters Athletic 1sts v Foresters Athletic 2nds

Midway through the second half, Simpson’s cross was headed home powerfully by Lewis Bean and it was 5-0 on 80 minutes when Ben I’Anson volleyed home.

The Bridlington side took their foot off the pedal in the closing stages and Star were able to score two consolations from Lee Foster and Rich Gladstone.

Simpson and Dale Nelthorpe shared the man of the match honours.

In Division One, Nafferton United picked up a rare point in the battle of the bottom two, drawing 1-1 at Bridlington Sports Club Reserves.

Bridlington Snooker Centre recovered from a spell of poor form to stick six past Flamborough 2nds.

They started well and striker Georgie Walker had a number of shots saved and new signing 16-year-old Alex Howell was denied by the crossbar.

Walker was eventually able to capitalise on a ball forward from Chris Greenwood to make it 1-0.

Flamborough tried to fight back but keeper Jack Lawry denied all efforts they could muster before coming off injured to be replaced by midfielder Ashley Sugden.

Midway through the first half, a dazzling run by Walker saw him beat several defenders and slot home his second of the match.

Howell netted his first senior goal after the break, and Elliot Andrew added the goal of the game to make it 4-0.

Another 16-year-old, Joshua Wilkinson, came on as sub and quickly opened his account with Snooker Centre’s fifth before a defensive mix-up led to a pass back and Snooker Centre getting a indirect free-kick.

Walker set up Wilkinson and the teenager took the ball around Flamborough goalkeeper Ben Smith before claiming his second of the day.


Full Measure's captain Jordan Cattle v Crown

Full Measure's captain Jordan Cattle v Crown