Stand-in striker Murray at the double for Sharks

Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican
Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican

Bridlington Rangers Sharks U10s travelled to Cottingham Rangers and started strongly.

They dominated the first half, and after some stylish passing from Max Brompton, stand-in striker Max Murray opened the scoring.

Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican

Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican

Both teams battled well, but Cottingham struggled getting through Sharks’ defence with Jack Hatt and Spencer Southern winning every ball, as the Bridlington side held on for a 1-0 win.

In the second game, a counter-attack saw Cody Milner’s strike put the Sharks ahead.

Full of confidence, Sharks were bossing the midfield, with Jacob Pallant and Hodgson tackling well, and creating a number of chances.

One found Murray, who had no trouble netting a fine strike.

Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican U11s

Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican U11s

Cottingham replied with a late effort only to be denied by a great save by Leon Cole.

With just two weeks remaining of their season, Bridlington Rangers Falcons U9s wanted to maintain their solid recent form with promotion still a huge possibility.

The first game at Springhead was a stalemate, with both teams having a fair few shots but no clear cut chances as both sets of defenders were solid with support from midfield.

Stand-in goalkeeper Ryan Briggs really took responsibility when called upon.

Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican

Bridlington Rangers Scorpions v Pelican

In the second match, the Falcons pressed the opposition defence every time the goalkeeper played it out short.

Brody Sedman soon delivered a cross that was deflected straight into the goal.

Great pressing again resulted in an awkward clearance straight into the path of Sedman who passed straight to Rylee Blackford, and he ran at the defenders with skill and finished well to put the Falcons further ahead.

After a period of excellent play, Harry Finney broke away down the right flank to cross for Blackford who laid it off to Blake Parlet who finished off the move of the day.

With the Wyke Division title already in the bag, Burlington Jackdaws U13s headed to Hedon Rangers for a midweek match.

A tough physical challenge was overcome as a goal in the first half from Jay Smith-Colley helped Jackdaws take the early control.

The game swayed in a robust fashion with great football played by both sides. Jackdaws’ second came as Brandon Nalton finished a fine move, then Luis Stead scored a quite remarkable goal.

Ben Leeson finished off the scoring in a game closer than the 4-0 scoreline suggests.

Burlington Jackdaws U11s wanted to go out on a high in their final fixture at Long Riston.

Both teams got off to a strong start but Riston were the first on the scoresheet, although Jake Tindall soon levelled things up.

Jackdaws added more pressure and when they were awarded a free-kick, Declan Tindall laid it off to Jake Tindall who scored another great goal.

Just before half-time, Declan Tindall was taken down in the box and Jackdaws were awarded a penalty, which Jake Tindall took calmly and completed a first-half hat-trick before the interval.

After the break, Jackdaws seemed to step it up again with three goals scored in seven minutes, two from Ashton Dowson and another by Shane Tyers.

Long Riston managed to pull one back but Jackdaws responded quickly with a super goal from Max Aitken.

The high quality football continued and Jackdaws managed another two goals before the final whistle to wrap up an 8-2 win.

Man of the match Jake Tindall got his fourth of the day and Aitken grabbed his second.

Burlington Jackdaws U8s took on a very strong Sproatley Juniors team.

The Bridlington side are looking stronger each game and scored some great goals from Lauren Barker, Lewis Shields, Harrison Shaw, Sam Davis, Kaya Ciftci and Ben Blackford

Sam Davis did a great job in goal for the first game and Shields stood in for the second match.

Bridlington Town U10s faced a blank Sunday when their scheduled opponents Hull United Reds cancelled their match because they were playing in a tournament in Lincolnshire.

But a friendly was arranged at Withernsea for the Town boys, who enjoyed two confidence-boosting wins.

They fell behind in the first half of the opening game but hit back through striker Coby Scotter.

Man of the match Hadley Taylor and Jack Sunley put Town 3-1 ahead, and although a header from a Withernsea corner reduced the lead, Bridlington survived.

The second game saw much more flowing football, as Town won 6-0.

They were helped by two own goals,and Scotter netted two more to add to his collection.

Sunley was on target again and the icing on the cake came when Harvey Sewell, who looked like he was having one of those days when nothing would go in, finally scored from a narrow angle to round off the tally.

There was also a clean sheet for goalkeeper McKenzie Coates-Bellamy on his debut.