Jackdaws on course for league and cup double

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7
U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

Burlington Jackdaws under-13s’ hopes of a league and cup double are still intact after a 9-0 win over Heslerton in the North Riding Cup quarter finals.

Doubles from from Frankie Gascoigne and Lewis Williamson, added to goals by, Bradley O’Connell, Jay Smith-Colley, Luis Stead, Bailey Chapman and an own goal booked their place in the last four.

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

The club’s under-16s slipped to a 2-1 defeat at home to Shiptonthorpe United in the Drypool Division.

Jackdaws under-eights welcomed Hessle Colts to Bridlington for their first home game of 2016. Both teams worked hard to create openings and chances but some great defending, especially by Jackdaws’ Bailey Jarvis, and some way ward finishing kept the game tight.

The breakthrough came through a very scrappy effort which some how crept past Sam Davies in the Jackdaws goal.

Despite Jackdaws’ best efforts, the Hessle keeper produced some good saves when called upon.

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

The second game of the afternoon followed in a similar pattern to the first game with Hessle defending well and scoring on one of there attacks in the first half.

Jackdaws attacked with more purpose in the second half and their constant pressure eventually opened the door for them to enjoy there first goal of the day. Just like buses, another goal followed soon after, both finished confidently by Kaya Ciftci.

Bridlington Rangers Sharks under-10s were at home to Tickton who had beaten them comfortably twice in the first half of the season. Sharks started sharply with some brilliant teamwork, passing the ball well.

Max Brompton ran down the wing and played the ball through to Dawson Snaith who passed the ball across the box for Jack Hodgson to bury it in the top corner.

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

The good form continued after the break and although Jacob Pallant and Cody Milner went close, they had to settle for a 1-0 win.

Sharks also dominated the second game, and a low hard shot from Max Murray gave them the lead.

Tickton fought back in the second half, with a few shots of their own only to be denied by some great goalkeeping from Leon Cole.But Tickton snatched a draw with the last kick of the game, when a shot took a deflection of a Sharks defender.

Under-14 Drypool leaders, Bridlington Rangers Lions scored with the last kick of the first half to earn a 1-1 draw at Victoria Dock Rangers Lightning.

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

U13s: Bridlington Rangers Cobras 2 Tickton Tigers 7

In the under-13s Drypool Division, Bridlington Rangers Cobras were beaten 7-2 by AFC Tickton Tigers at Our Lady and St Peter’s School

Bridlington Town under-10s fought back to snatch a 3-2 win in their first game against Hessle Rangers. Good work by Hadley Taylor and Coby Scotter forced an early own goal to give Town the lead but the visitors fought back and led at half-time through goals byBurton and Oakley.

However, Town turned things around after the break and after Jack Sunley found an equaliser, Jack Bingham’s first goal for the team was the decider.

The second game saw Hessle race into a two-goal lead before Scotter’s stunning swerving shot got Town back into the game.

Hessle added a third before half-time but Sunley thumped a free kick into the top corner to reduce the gap to one goal.

As the home side pressed for an equaliser, Hessle’s Oakley scored twice on the counter-attack to give them a 5-2 win, which was harsh on the hosts.

Flamborough Vikings under-10s sank Whitby Fishermen 1-0 in their opening game.

On a heavy, wet pitch, Whitby came out looking a strong side forcing the Vikings back, however with Gee and Leeson in defence nothing got through.

After 10 minutes the Vikings found their feet and started to play football as Thompson had a shot cleared off the line. The pressure mounted on Whitby as Thompson won a free-kick and buried it into the goal.

The second half of the match started very much the same as the first had finished with some great tackles by Gee and with Tolson in goal making some good saves.

Vikings had their chances to score a second with Banks working hard down the left and supplying some good passes.

With five minutes to go and Whitby never giving up, pressure started to mount on the Vikings. After a succession of corners, Whitby sent their goalkeeper up who came close to scoring but the match ended 1-0.

With the second game underway and the heaviness of the pitch showing, it was Vikings who started fresher with a pass from Thompson to Gee who had his shot saved.

This was quickly followed up with a pass to Leeson who scored.

With Killick and Howarth working hard in the middle, Whitby fought on but could find no way of getting forward.

With another great passing move came a well taken goal by Killick assisted by Tolson.

As the Vikings gained in confidence, Howarth was sent through only to have his shot cleared by a great save. Not to be outdone Thompson then scored his second of the day.

With Vikings on top and playing well another goal came as Tolson scored. Vikings were getting tired Whitby made the last five minutes hard as corner after corner was fired in only to be met by Tighe on form in goal.

Flamborough Eagles under-13s won 4-2 at home to Hornsea Sporting in the Kingston Division.