A week of ups and downs for Town

Heanor Town 5 Bridlington Town 1
Heanor Town 5 Bridlington Town 1
  • Asistant manager and first team coach leave Queensgate
  • Seasiders reach East Riding Senior Cup final
  • Heavy league defeat at Heanor

Bridlington Town manager Gary Allanson endured a mixed week - seeing his side reach the East Riding Senior Cup final, but also losing his assistant and first team coach, and then watching a 5-1 league thumping at Heanor.

Andy Foster and Darren Hemmings have moved to EvoStik League Division One South strugglers Brigg Town.

Allanson said: “Last Tuesday evening I received a call from Andy who informed me he was resigning with immediate effect and is taking up a manager’s position elsewhere. It wasn’t ideal preparation considering the semi-final we had coming up on the Thursday but I suppose there is never a good time.

“I wish Andy all the best in his new role, he is a very intelligent guy and experienced in what he does and I am sure he will be successful and thank him for his time and effort he has given this season, I think it was only a matter of time before he would be back in a manager’s role.

“Darren Hemmings resigned on Friday morning to join up with Andy at their new club.

“We have managed to attract Steve Mulligan back to the club, Steve is a very good coach and was well respected by the players the last time he was here and I am sure he will have the same effect on the them,

I wish Andy Foster all the best in his new role, he is a very intelligent guy and experienced in what he does and I am sure he will be successful

Gary Allanson

“Wayne Lewis will also be involved helping out and with his playing experiences and his involvement at the club this can only be a positive for the players to learn from. They will join myself, Danny Brunton and Nick Baxter to push the club to a successful end to the season.

“The game at Heanor we were bullied by them, we looked tired and very jaded but they were bigger and more physical than us and fought for every ball, we didn’t compete and it really looked like men against boys we were second best for everything.

“Having said that for the first 30 minutes we were holding on and they hadn’t created much considering they were down the slope and the wind behind them, but we totally capitulated in an unbelievable five-minute spell where we conceded three goals and that was virtually game over for us.

“The second half was very hard for us especially after we conceded virtually just after the break. There were some home truths and harsh words spoken afterwards and it was a real learning curve for us but we will put it down as a bad day at the office, following a turbulent week and we need to re-group and bounce back and finish the season off on a real high, then see what the close season brings as the merry-go-round of players begins.

“And finally a massive congratulations to North Ferriby United who managed to win the FA Trophy at Wembley in what was a fantastic occasion. Billy Heath and Bobby Carroll have done a magnificent job and deserve all the plaudits coming their way.

“A brilliant achievement for them and well deserved for all the hard work they have done over the years.”