A ferocious fire destroyed a fish and chip shop in Hutton Cranswick last night.
The blaze, on Main Street, began on Friday 22 November at 4.33pm and involved a frying range inside the ground floor shop.
The flames quickly spread to a first floor flat, causing damage by fire to a bedroom floor and smoke damage to the remainder of a flat.
Amid fears of an explosion and to ensure safety, firefighters threw a taped-off cordon around the scene when a gas pipe fractured during fire, and gas and electricity supplies were isolated.
Humberside Fire and Rescue Service tackled the blaze using eight sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels, a ground monitor, two main jets, and two Thermal Image Cameras.
For the full story and more photos, see next Thursday’s Driffield Times and Post.