Coastguard team’s advice to keep people safe after two recent incidents
The Bridlington Coastguard Rescue Team is offering some common sense advice to keep people safe following two incidents earlier this month.
The team were called to two incidents of people getting cut off by the tide and the advice is making people aware of potential dangers around the coast.
A spokesman said: “As spring has just arrived, and just before summer really hits, we wanted to share some helpful advice which will help keep you and your families safe.”
The advice includes:
○ Carry a charged mobile phone, so you are able to call 999 and ask for the coastguard if you require assistance.
○ Always stick to clear coastal paths and don’t venture close to the edge of cliffs!
○ Always keep your furry friends on a lead when out walking in the coastal areas.
○ Ensure that you check tide times before walking on the coast.
○ Have fun , but remember if you do see someone who requires assistance dial 999 and ask for the coastguard.