Latest: Armed robbery at Bridlington bank - police appeal

humberside police
humberside police
Share this article

Humberside Police are appealing for information following an armed robbery at Lloyds/TSB bank on Manor Street in Bridlington over the weekend.

Four members of staff at the bank were threatened and bound during the incident. The victims were very shaken but otherwise unharmed.

It is suspected that the men who carried out the robbery were within the bank overnight and were waiting for the staff to open up in the morning.

As the suspects left the bank they were seen by a Humberside Police Community Support Officer, who was on patrol. He was able to raise the alarm and saw two suspects get into a white VW Golf and leave the area. He then went straight into the bank to check on the staff and secure the scene.

Two men (aged 50 and 27) were arrested on Sunday 21 September 2014 in connection to a robbery. They remain in custody and are currently being questioned by detectives. An extension has been granted to allow further detention.

Investigators in the case would like to know the whereabouts of the white VW Golf between the hours of 0900hrs (9am) on Saturday 20 September and 0200hrs (2am) on Sunday 21 September. The white VW Golf had a 2014 number plate and is believed to have been in and around the North and East Yorkshire area during this time. Can you help? Did you see this vehicle on Saturday? If so we’d like to hear from you. Please call Humberside Police on telephone number 101, quoting log 206 20/09/2014.

The Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Matthew Baldwin stated, ‘I am very keen to know where this vehicle was and where it went following the robbery. Anyone who has any information that could help the investigation is urged to contact us immediately so that we can build a full picture of where the suspects went following the robbery.

‘This is an isolated incident and local police officers will be patrolling Bridlington as normal to provide reassurance to residents. If anyone locally can help provide witness accounts that have not already come forward they are asked to telephone 101 and speak to one of my officers.’