Washer dryer fire

Small ground floor flat fire in North Street'PA1147-9a
Small ground floor flat fire in North Street'PA1147-9a

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a ground floor flat in North Street, Bridlington, after a washer dryer caught fire on Tuesday.

The fire was reported just before 3pm and two fire crews attended the incident.

No-one was hurt by the blaze, which caused some fire damage and extensive smoke damage to the kitchen.

Humberside Fire and Rescue services advise washer dryer owners to take the following precautions to prevent fire:

l Don’t leave tumble dryers, washing machines or dishwashers running when out of the house or overnight.

l Remove the lint from the trap after every load.

l Do not cover the vent or any other opening. Ensure the vent pipe is free of kinks and is not crushed in any way.

l Only used recommended vent pipes, and not improvised ones. Only vent the warm air to the outside of a building.

l Do not put rags or materials into your tumble dryer if they have been used to soak up flammable liquids.