Guests attending next month’s glittering Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards (REYTAs) at the Spa will be rocked by a Bridlington firm.
The black tie event is held on March 13 and organisers Visit Hull and East Yorkshire are promising a ‘seaside theme to remember’ – and getting Bridlington confectioners John Bull to produce 450 sticks of ‘REYTAS 2014’ rock - enough for every guest.
“From the minute people arrive to the moment they leave we’re promising an unforgettable Beside The Seaside experience,” said organiser Paul Vinsen.
“They’ll be a few surprises along the way, too, including the seaside cabaret being produced by the Spa.”
After a drinks reception, guests can look forward to a sumptuous three-course meal showcasing local suppliers, including Picklin’ Rics, of Bridlington, and Mr Moo’s, of Skipsea.
Twelve awards, celebrating the stars of the region’s growing tourism industry, which is now worth in excess of £615 million a year, will be presented on the night, including the Remarkable East Yorkshire Passion award – going to the individual who has made the greatest contribution to tourism in the past year.
The guest of honour at the awards is James Beresford, chief executive of Visit England. REYTA winners will automatically go through to the 2015 Visit England awards.
To fit in with the theme, money raised on the night will be in aid of the Smile Foundation’s ‘Smile By The Sea’ initiative, which provides respite holidays for carers.
Tickets for the gala evening are available now. Coach transport for an additional charge will be available to and from Bridlington from Hull, Willerby and Beverley.
For further information contact Barbara Macniven on 01482 391523 or email email@example.com
• Remarkable Bed and Breakfast:Lincoln House, Bridlington; Village Farm, Skipsea.
• Remarkable Self Catering Provider: Carlton Apartments, Bridlington; Field House Farm Cottages, Sewerby; High Barn Cottages in Bempton.
• Remarkable Fayre: Wold Top Brewery; Mr Moo’s, Skipsea.
• Remarkable Cuppa: Vanilla Ice-Cream Parlour, Bridlington.
• Remarkable Business Tourism:The Spa Bridlington.
• Remarkable Visitor Attraction: RSPB Bempton; Living Seas Centre; Gallery 49, Old Town.
• Remarkable Sustainable: High Barn Cottages, Bempton.