Crew called to tumble dryer fire

The fire had been extinguished before the crew's arrival
The fire had been extinguished before the crew's arrival

Firefighter were called to a Bridlington home after a tumble dryer caught fire.

The crew arrived at Cranbeck Close, in Bridlington, at around 12.40pm yesterday (Monday September 25).

The tumble dryer had caught fire but was self extinguished prior to Humberside Fire and Rescue Service's arrival.

Firefighters used a fan to clear the residual smoke.

Smoke detectors were fitted in the property but did not activate at the time due to insufficient smoke.

There was slight fire damage to the tumble dryer.