Power outages have been experienced across Bridlington today.
Engineers from Northern Powergrid are continuing to work as hard as possible to restore power to customers hit by today’s storm.
The company has activated its major incident response plan and all available staff have been deployed.
As of around noon today, approximately 25,000 properties in the North East, Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire were without power due to the severe conditions and gale force winds, with up to 75mph wind gusts recorded. In total, the storm has impacted around 55,000 customers since midnight when the weather began to deteriorate.
Reports in Bridlington indicate that power has failed at Bessingby Industrial Estate, Carnaby, Old Town, the south side and even briefly at Morrisons supermarket.
Northern Powergrid estimate that around 1,000 homes have been affected in East Yorkshire, but faults are being reported all the time and that number could change.
The company have thanked customers for their patience and apologise for any inconvenience they are experiencing.
If you are without power, thay have provided the following advice:
• Turn off electrical appliances at the socket. This is particularly important for heating or cooking appliances as your power could return at any time and potentially cause a safety hazard if you are absent, asleep or unaware.
• Keep one light switched on so that you know when electricity has returned.
• Check on any vulnerable neighbours and relatives to make sure they are comfortable and well.
• Use battery-powered lamps or torches if possible instead of candles as they are safer.
• Only call 999 in the event of an emergency.
• Please contact Northern Powergrid power cut helpline on 0800 668877 anytime if your power supply has been affected.